The SparkFun weather:bit is a fully loaded "carrier" board for the micro:bit that, when combined with the micro:bit, provides you with a fully functional weather station.
With the weather:bit you will have access to barometric pressure, relative humidity and temperature readings. There are also connections on this carrier board to optional sensors such as wind speed, direction, rain gauge and soil readings! In this version SparkFun have also added a vertical Qwiic connector. The micro:bit has a lot of features and a lot of potential for weather data collection.
The weather:bit connects to the micro:bit via an edge connector at the top of the board, making setup easy. This creates a handy way to swap out micro:bits for programming, while still providing reliable connections to all of the different pins on the micro:bit. It also includes serial and I2C headers on the weather:bit for optimized connectivity if you so choose.
Note: The SparkFun weather:bit does NOT include a micro:bit board. The micro:bit will need to be purchased separately.
Get started with the weather:bit guide
- Onboard temperature, humidity, pressure and light sensor
- Connectors (PTH and screw terminal) for soil moisture and soil temperature
- Connectors (RJ11) for wind speed, direction and rainfall gauges
- Edge connector for easy micro:bit integration
- Vertical Qwiic connector
- Headers for Serial and I2C communication