The SparkFun DA16200 Thing Plus utilizes a highly integrated ultra-low power WiFi system on chip (SoC) from Dialog that allows users to develop WiFi and IoT solutions.
The DA16200 module contains an 802.11b/g/n radio (PHY), a baseband processor, a media access controller (MAC), on-chip memory and a host networking application processor all on a single silicon die. To make the Thing Plus as easy to use as possible, SparkFun have made the board Feather-compatible and it utilizes the handy Qwiic Connect System which means no soldering or shields are required to connect it to the rest of your system!
The SparkFun DA16200 Thing Plus includes Qwiic and LiPo battery connectors, multiple GPIO pins, and JTAG PTH pins for debugging. This unique Thing Plus model is ideal for your next IoT project, thanks partly to the numerous sleep modes that allow you to take advantage of current draws as low as 0.2 - 3.5 µA on the WiFi module.
The DA16200's system on a chip (SoC) has full offload capabilities to run the entire networking OS and TCP/IP stack on the chip; therefore, an external network processor, CPU, or microcontroller is not required. The module is WiFi Alliance certified for IEEE802.11b/g/n, WiFi Direct, and WPS functionalities. The WiFi Alliance transfer policy can transfer the WiFi Certifications without being tested again.
Note: Please be aware that the Thing Plus - DA16200 has a 3.3V logic level voltage.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
Get started with the SparkFun DA16200 Thing Plus Guide
SparkFun Thing Plus - DA16200 Features
- Dialog DA16200MOD WiFi Module
- 16 Multifunctional GPIO Pins:
- Up to four 12-bit ADC channels
- Up to two UARTs
- An available SPI Bus
- An available I2C Bus
- Thing Plus (or Feather) Form-Factor:
- Dimensions: 2.3" x 0.9"
- Two Mounting Holes:
- 28 PTH Pins
- USB-C Connector
- 2-pin JST Connector for a LiPo Battery (not included)
- 4-pin JST Qwiic Connector
PWR - Red 3.3V power indicator
CHG - Yellow battery charging indicator
STAT - Blue status/test LED (
- JTAG/SWD PTH Pins
DA16200MOD General Features:
- Operating voltage: 2.1V to 3.6V
- Operating temperature: -40 to 85 °C
- Arm® Cortex®-M4F core w/ clock frequency of 30~160MHz
- ROM: 256kB
- SRAM: 512kB
- OTP: 2kB
- Retention SRAM: 48kB
- WiFi processor
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 1x1, 20MHz channel bandwidth, 2.4GHz (up to 54 Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11s WiFi mesh
- WiFi security: WPA/WPA2-Enterprise/Personal, WPA2 SI, WPA3 SAE, and OWE
- Operating modes: Station, SoftAP, and WiFi Direct® Modes (GO, GC, GO fixed)
- On-Chip RTC (± 250 ppm)
- Three ultra-low power sleep modes
- RF Regulatory certifications:
- FCC (USA), IC (Canada), CE (EU), KC (Korea), TELEC (Japan), SRRC (China)