The MonsterBorg is a beast of a kit designed to be taken off road or driven autonomously, built to take hard bumps and knocks. MonsterBorg is capable of driving upside-down and even flipping itself over.
The MonsterBorg can be programmed as a self-driving robot, used for education about self-driving systems, or raced around the garden as an RC off-roader. It also makes a great platform for hacking about with robots by adding extra sensors or servos.
- Up to three hours runtime!
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi.
- 4x high-torque 300 RPM metal geared 37mm motors (pre soldered)
- Rugged 3mm thick Aluminium chassis
- 105mm / 4 inch diameter off road wheels
ThunderBorg 5A motor controller
- ThunderBorg Lid for 10xAA batteries
- Mount for a Raspberry Pi camera
- No soldering required
The MonsterBorg kit comes with the wires, screws, motors, hubs and wheels that you need to get it running. You need just add a Raspberry Pi, a micro SD card, 10 AA batteries, and an optional Pi camera. Screwdrivers are needed for assembly.
You can find the original Kickstarter project that launched MonsterBorg here.
Click here for getting started guides, build instructions, code examples and more.
* Raspberry Pi 4 - Model B compatibility: PiBorg have tested MonsterBorg with the Pi 4 and it works fine, however the 5V supply does not fully meet the Pi 4's 2.5A specification.