Engage and inspire young learners in STEM with our next generation of coding robot, Botley!
100% screen-free, Botley is the ideal introduction to coding. This comprehensive kit provides you with countless ways to program and use this coding robot; no smartphone or tablets required!
- Botley engages children as young as 5 years in a basic form of coding utilising step coding and logic
- Encouraging early programming skills will develop critical thinking and problem solving in young learners
- Children can easily program Botley to perform a variety of actions:
- Move forward (one step at a time)
- Turn left
- Turn right
- Reverse (one step at a time)
- Detect object
- Avoid object
- Make a sound
- Loop, to repeat a step or sequence
- Children can program up to 80 steps in one sequence
- Once a sequence has been programmed press transmit and watch Botley roll!
- One step is approximately 20cm
- Introduce smart logic with the object detection feature
- Botley features LED lights on the top that show the direction of each step
- Botley has a special sensor underneath, draw a bold black line and watch Botley follow it
- This bumper Botley set comes with everything you need to create obstacle courses for endless hours of fun:
- Botley The Coding Robot
- Easy-to-use Remote Programmer
- Detachable Robot Arms
- 40 Coding Cards
- Six boards
- A sheet of stickers for customisation
- A variety of accessories to create obstacles and activities for Botley: Eight sticks, 12 cubes, two cones, two flags, two balls and a goal
- Encourage children to lay out the coding cards in their desired sequence before programming Botley. This will help them plan and visualise Botley's path
- Detachable robot arms enable Botley to move objects. Why not program Botley to move a ball into the goal!?
- Botley measures 13cm W x 7cm H x 8.5cm D
- Botley requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- Remote Programmer requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
Multilingual activity guide includes a variety of activity ideas
Take a look at the other Botley® The Coding Robot resources
The Botley remote programmer works by “line of sight” infrared. If you’re using multiple Botley’s in a class or group setting, it is recommended to keep them away from one another while programming. Alternatively, you can cover the sensors on the Botley’s you’re not transmitting to. If you require further information please contact the customer service team.