An all-in-one, Pico W powered industrial/automation controller with 2.4GHz wireless connectivity, relays and a plethora of inputs and outputs. Compatible with 6V to 40V systems.
Automation 2040 W is a Pico W / RP2040 powered monitoring and automation board. It contains all the great features from our Automation HAT (relays, analog channels, powered outputs and buffered inputs) but now in a single compact board and with an extended voltage range so you can use it with more devices. Great for controlling fans, pumps, solenoids, chunky motors, electronic locks or static LED lighting (up to 40V).
All the channels (and the buttons) have an associated indicator LED so you can see at a glance what's happening with your setup, or test your programs without having hardware connected. We've even left some space for labelling whatever you've got connected up, be it piranha fish tanks, smart greenhouse sprinklers, elaborate homebrewing projects or Thunderbirds-esque garage door openers.
Want to mount this board inside a switch cabinet or other electrical enclosure? DIN rail mounting clips are coming soon!
- Raspberry Pi Pico W Aboard
- Dual Arm Cortex M0+ running at up to 133Mhz with 264kB of SRAM
- 2MB of QSPI flash supporting XiP
- Powered and programmable by USB micro-B
- 2.4GHz wireless
- 3 x 12-bit ADC inputs up to 40V
- 5 x digital inputs up to 40V
- 3 x digital sourcing outputs at V+ (supply voltage)
- 4A max continuous current
- 2A max current at 500Hz PWM
- 3 x relays (NC and NO terminals)
- 2A up to 24V
- 1A up to 40V
- 3.5mm screw terminals for connecting inputs, outputs and external power
- 2 x tactile buttons with LED indicators
- Reset button
- 2 x Qw/ST connectors for attaching breakouts
- M2.5 mounting holes
- Fully assembled
- No soldering required.
- C/C++ and MicroPython libraries
- Schematic (coming soon)
- Board is compatible with 12V, 24V and 36V systems
- Requires supply 6-40V
- Can provide 5V up to 0.5A for lower voltage applications
Our C++/MicroPython libraries provide a straightforward way to interface with the functions on this board. You'll get best performance using C++, but if you're a beginner we'd recommend using our batteries included MicroPython build for ease of getting started.
The Qw/ST connectors on Automation 2040 W make it super easy to connect up Qwiic or STEMMA QT breakouts. If your breakout has a QW/ST connector on board, you can plug it straight in with a JST-SH to JST-SH cable.
Breakout Garden breakouts that don't have a Qw/ST connector can be connected using a JST-SH to JST-SH cable plus a Qw/ST to Breakout Garden adaptor. Want to use >2 breakouts at the same time? Try this adaptor!
- Do not use to switch mains voltages!
About Pico W Aboard
Our new Pico W Aboard products come with a built in Raspberry Pi Pico W. This means you get all the advantages of a RP2040 microcontroller - a speedy fast dual-core ARM processor, a dynamic, growing ecosystem and a choice of different programming methods to experiment with. Most excitingly though, Pico W has wireless connectivity, so your Pico/RP2040 devices can communicate with each other, and the internet! 🌍
Wireless is very new to Pico/RP2040 - be aware that things will move fast and change! Software support (wireless examples, tutorials, CircuitPython support etc) will take a little while to catch up. If you're an absolute beginner to Pico/RP2040, you might have a better experience with wireless if you wait until everything is a little more settled.