This attractive, individually-addressable RGB LED wire is perfect for making your own programmable fairy lights. 🌈
- 5 metres long with 50 individually addressable LEDs
- Snazzy silver coloured wire
- Super-flexible and thin, ideal for tight spaces
- Tinned wires on one end for attaching to screw terminals
- Dust/water resistant*
Addressable LEDs let you individually set each LED in the chain to a specific RGB colour by sending signals from a microcontroller. If you're looking for an easy, plug and play LED controller check out Plasma 2040 or Plasma Stick - just connect up the tinned wires to the screw terminals, apply USB power and you're ready to start making rainbows!
Alternatively, you could use a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, or other microcontroller to drive them - there are loads of different code libraries available (Python, MicroPython, CircuitPython, Arduino, and more).
- LED model: WS2812B-4040
- Wire: 3P flexible wire (7×0.16mm tinned copper/transparent PVC/OD1.1×3.7)
- Diffuser: LEDs and solder joints set in epoxy resin
- IP67 dust/water resistant*
- Data-in end: 30cm tail ending in tinned wires
- Data-out end: sealed with a blob of glue**
- Input Voltage: 3.7-5.3 VDD
- Maximum Output Power: 0.24W/LED (at 5V)
- Cable length: 5m (plus a 30cm tail)
- Emitted Color: RGB
- LED Quantity: 10 LEDs/m (50 LEDs total)
The 5V / + / VCC wire on these LEDs is the one marked with dots. The DATA / PIXELS wire is the one in the middle, and the GROUND / - wire is the one on the other edge (that doesn't have dots).
Note that the colour order of these LEDs is RGB, you may need to specify this in your code.
- * The LED wire is IP67 rated, which means it should stand up to modest outdoor use. Make sure your controller is kept inside or suitably protected from the elements!
- ** There's no connector on the data-out end of this strip, but you could snip the end and solder multiple sets together if you wanted.